sreda, 23. marec 2011

11=9+2; 8+3; 7+4; 6+5...

Today's news, but unfortunately not the good one is, that Elizabeth Tayler passed away. She was 79 years old, married for 8 times (impressive) and she was well know as Cleopatra. I don't know very much of her, but it's appropriate to say for her to rest in peace. I'm sure we'll keep a beautiful memory of her.


The other thing is, that yesterday I watched The Rite. It's about exorcism. Michael Kovak, disillusioned with his father, a mortuary owner, decides to enter a seminary school and abdicate his vows upon completion, thereby getting him a free college degree. Four years pass and Michael is being ordained to the diaconate at the seminary. However, after ordination he writes a letter of resignation to his superior, Father Matthew, citing a lack of faith.
While Father Matthew is attempting to catch Michael, he trips, causing a biker to swerve into the path of an oncoming car. The young woman, believing Michael to be a priest after seeing his clerical garb, asks him for absolution. Unable to refuse, Michael comforts her and performs the ritual absolving her sins. Seeing how calmly he handled the situation, Father Superior tells Michael he is called to be a priest, whether Michael believes this or not; he later approaches Michael with an invitation to travel to Rome in order to attend a class on exorcism. Father Xavier later asks Michael to see a friend of his, Father Lucas, who is a renowned exorcist. Michael agrees and meets Father Lucas at his home, where he sees one of the priest's patients: a pregnant sixteen-year-old girl. It is later revealed that she was raped by her father, which led to her possession. However, Michael remains skeptical, even after witnessing several preternatural events, such as the girl coughing up three long nails and fluently speaking English. During the movie, you can see how Michael is faced with exoricsm. It's interesting. I'm a religious person, but I don't know what to do if I saw a person obsessed with the devil. I also think that until you see that, you don't believe it. I'm just glad I've never seen that and hope I never will. And also, I hope I will never get obsessed. I just simply don't have time for this.

Who wants peanuts?






HF, D.



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar