petek, 25. marec 2011

Lucky 13

This blog would seem filled with informations, but have you ever asked yourself, why the big fear of this number?
There's a lot of things connected to number 13. We know the movie Friday the 13th, Ocean's 13, but the most is associated with unpleasant and unfortunate events. As it is associated with bad luck, many people suffer from Triskaidekaphobia, a word which was coined in 1911. People, who suffer from Triskaidekaphobia are afraid of the number 13. One theory as to why the date and number 13 is considered unlucky is that, on the day of Friday after the final Crusade the pope had sent out men to capture and burn alive the last 13 Knights Templar in order to put an end to the Crusades. I'm not superstitious and I'm not afraid of this number, I think it can't hurt me. As it is such a bad number, I also don't believe that it ever followed me and I hope it never will, I don't feel comfortable if someone or something follows me. Would you? And you won't believe it, but there is a lucky number 13 too. In Sikhism, the number 13 is considered a special number since 13 is tera in Punjabi, which also means "yours" (as in, "I am yours, O Lord"). The legend goes that when Guru Nanak Dev was taking stock of items as part of his employment with a village merchant, he counted from 1 to 13 (in Punjabi) as one does normally; and thereafter he would just repeat "tera", since all items were God's creation. Colgate University also considers 13 to be a lucky number. They were founded in 1819 by 13 men with 13 dollars, 13 prayers and 13 articles. The pyramids are also set up in 9 steps divided into 7 days and 6 nights, 13 days total. So, the number 13 isn't that bad at all. If we didn't have that number, we wouldn't think of it bad. But neither would we think of it good.



HF, D.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar